Tuesday, January 12, 2010

4/365

It's still cold. There is still frozen water in fountains in the Katy, TX area. Here's the proof:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's been a long day. Following a full day of work, I had to attend a textbook adoption committee meeting. I brought the camera with me when I left the house this morning in hopes that I would get some shots after the meeting. Sadly, it got out too late for me to go and get Molly before I ventured into the streets of downtown Katy. I went to one of my favorite picture spots, Katy Heritage Park. I have taken Molly here a few times to get some pictures of her, but this time I was able to look closer at the location itself and find some interesting things to photograph.

One of the things I really like about this particular park are the wrap around porches on the old houses and the old fashioned wooden swing that hangs on one of those porches. After taking some time to walk around the area and photograph some different things, I sat on that swing and looked at what I had. It was the first quiet, alone moment I had had all day. And it felt great.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment