Sunday, January 10, 2010

2/365

Baby, it's cold outside! Even in the south!

The last several days we have experienced something unusual to us southerners...a winter freeze. The temps have dropped as low as the teens overnight! Being used to hot summers and mild winters, many of our area neighbors have had to deal with frozen pipes and loss of electricity in their homes. Luckily, we have not had any suck misfortune.

I snapped the photo below today while we were trying to get some pics of Molly for her 2nd birthday party invitations. As we wandered around, we came upon a fountain. At first sight, we thought some kids had pulled a prank and dumped soap inside of it, but as we got closer, we realized it had a thin layer of frozen solid water on top of it. Bobby was able to pick up a part of it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also decided that since I will be doing this, I may as well do the two birds/one stone deal and also post a daily pic of Molly (at least on the days when it's not a pic of her anyway!). This is easy for today since we had a photoshoot anyway. It's funny that we spend so much time trying to get our kids to look at us and smile, when sometimes just letting them do their own thing can yield the best pic of the day. I think that's what happened here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic, Alison - I love it - I think you should enter it in a contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lindsey! This is a GREAT picture! You did a super job and it's SOooooooooooo cute!! It needs to be in a contest or something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are doing this. Your pictures are always my favorite!

    ReplyDelete